Monday, September 24, 2007


Well, it's been an interesting first few weeks with lots of ups and downs. I think the Chusok holiday came at a very good time. It's nice to have a little bit of a breather from school. School is also getting a bit easier, so I'm really thankful for that.
I had my first non-English teachers class on Friday and the principal came! Yikes, talk about intimidating. Principals here are the top dog, very high up in the school system and what they say goes. I had not seen her since the first day when I was brought to her office to meet her. Her office is bigger than my apartment!So I was freaking out when she came in. In the end, she said she would study very hard in my class and she liked me very much! haha. Well, I breathed a sigh of relief, but I'm afraid of what that may mean.
Ooh. I was VERY excited today to find MAIL in my mailbox from 2 people! Thank you Aunt Diane,Uncle John and the boys. Stacey also sent Katy and me a letter (and Jane added a smiley face)! So the address does work which is great. Getting real mail is so cool.
I got back last night from 2 days at an amusement park with a bunch of friends. It reminded me so much of Disney, but on a MUCH smaller scale. It brought back some really good memories from my trips there with Young Life kids. I almost got sick on one of the rides though, which was not cool. I must be getting too old! :)
Katy also blogged today, so don't forget to check out her link if you have a chance!
The picture is the group of us ready to explore the Everland amusement park.
Love you all.
Thanks for the comments! Hope everyone is doing well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen!How nice to see a new message. I hope you enjoy the short time off from regular teaching. Of course the principal would like you!! How could she not? The leaves are turning wonderful colours now. Love you lots!
Mom & Dad

Mary Lou and Ron Donkersloot said...

Karen - so glad you have a holiday. Have fun shopping tomorrow as well. Ron thinks this "high & mighty" principal thing is a good idea. . . . .(Mary Lou)

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen hope ya had a good break from teaching , and glad ya had fun at the park we all love ya and miss youe take care and have your cell number so i will call some time and say hight i hope thats ok
CHEER Love Chad'Chantal'Darian'Ashton

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen. Good to hear from you again. The school holiday seems to have fit in just great with your needs. Hope it was a time of refreshing and reloading. We are enjoying a beautiful fall day here. Hope the weather is nice there too for you. Is it the rainy season there? Uncle Andrew's parents moved in with us this Wed. They're here for about a month and then on to Florida for the winter. They hope to get a condo in Holland Homes soon. Otherwise, they will be here in the spring too. Other than that, not much news. Think of you often and keeping you in our prayers. Lots O Love
Aunt Jennifer